The iPhone is a very nice device, but one of its many flaws are that it sucks up battery juice like there’s no tomorrow (which there literally won’t be if you don’t charge it every chance you get). For someone who has lots of music videos and who may just want to listen to the audio to conserve battery power, here’s how to do it:
- Play the video
- Press the power button. The screen will go blank.
- Double click the Home Button. You will get the iPod controls onscreen.
- Press play to start playing the video’s audio track only.
- Wait for the screen to go blank automatically or…
- Click the power button to make the screen go blank, but this time the audio will continue playing.